Find networking, volunteer, and philanthropic opportunities you can find only at the Federation.
You Made Sunday Super
Our Federation’s annual Super Sunday was a huge success thanks to our 475 volunteers who raised money on behalf of our life-changing work or joined us for community service projects throughout Los Angeles.
We raised a total of $1,942,736 from 1511 donors – thanks to the 225 callers who hit the phones at our Federation headquarters on Wilshire and at Temple Judea in Tarzana! With the generous support of our community, our Federation will put food on the tables of Jewish families in need, send even more kids to Jewish summer camp and make sure our seniors age with dignity. If we somehow missed you on Super Sunday, you can still make your donation now!
Whether you made calls, volunteered at one of our service projects, worked behind the scenes or answered our call – it was because of you that we were able to do so much on behalf of our community!
Check out our community members in action:
Yesterday was our first Community Service Day of 2013! Over 250 volunteers participated across the city as a part of our Super Sunday celebration. Here’s a quick overview of what we did together:
- YALA (Young Adults of Los Angeles) volunteers filled Purim gift baskets (mishloach manot) with patriotic-themed items to be delivered to Jewish veterans through the Los Angeles Veterans Administration.
- In Agoura Hills, we partnered with Food Forward and picked over 3,500 pounds of fresh produce for donation to local food pantries.
- As part of Inclusion Awareness Month, which raises awareness about members of the Jewish community with disabilities and how to make sure they can participate in Jewish life, we spruced up Friendship Circle’s new campus and celebrated with the students.
- At Temple Judea, teens participated in an array of service activities through Sherut L'Olam's Super Service Sunday.
- We had the pleasure of visiting the California National Guard’s Joint Forces Training Base in Los Alamitos, where we met some of our National Guard forces, shared a meal, took an incredible tour, and learned about what they do.
We also want to give a special thanks to our Super Sunday Chairs who helped us recruit callers for our phone sessions. City Super Sunday Co-Chairs Aaron Leff and Sheilah Miller; Valley Alliance Super Sunday Co-Chairs David Melnick and Marcy Tajkef, City YALA Super Sunday Co-Chairs Gabriel Dardashti and Roland Del Cid, and Valley YALA Super Sunday Co-Chairs Cara Bovitz and Sarah Landis.
Stay tuned for information on our next Community Service Day taking place on March 31st. You can also be placed on our volunteer e-mail list by filling out our short volunteer sign-up form.
Thank you to everyone who made Super Sunday so very special this year!