Jewish Disability Awareness and Inclusion Month
The Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles believes that everyone in our community should have the opportunity to experience and celebrate our shared values, history and traditions. Making Jewish life more accessible for all is one of our top priorities, which is why we are part of a national effort to raise awareness about members of the Jewish community with disabilities. We invite you to join us!
Get Inspired: Tips to be More Inclusive of People with Disabilities throughout February
- Keep your manner encouraging rather than correcting. Be patient — don't speak for the person.
- Plan inclusive activities. If you have a friend, classmate or family member with a disability, remember to plan activities that allow for meaningful participation.
- Focus on the positive. Always look at the strengths of people with disabilities and encourage them on what they do well.
- Speak up. If you notice that an activity at your organization is not accessible for all, say something to the person planning the program.
- Offer your friendship. Strength and happiness can come from the love and support of true friends.
See more tips