POSITION: Accounting Manager
|Accounting Manager is responsible for the timely Month end and year end close and maintenance and reconciliation of the general ledger, and adherence to provisions of GAAP and FASB to ensure compliance, and proper application to accounting policies and procedures. Supervises and reviews the work of the Accounting Supervisor and Senior Accountant.|
- Reviews, maintains and reconciles the general ledger timely on a monthly basis.
- Reviews general ledger accounts, including all supporting schedules, analyses, reconciliations, and reports on a monthly basis
- Ensures the appropriate processes are in place to timely obtain and process the information needed to close
- Supervises and reviews the monthly input of all revenue and expense transactions into the general ledger from Donor Management system. Ensures proper recognition in accordance with ASC 606, as applicable for non-profit
- Review monthly and quarterly financial statements for accuracy.
- Maintain documentation system of accounting processes and procedures.
- In conjunction with the Payroll Accountant and Human Resource personnel, assist with compliance (ACA and other payroll related matters such as W-2’s, executive compensation), 1099 reporting;
- Participate in implementation of additional projects and automation of the processes as needed and directed by the Department Head.
- Prepares audit workpapers to ensure complete and timely audit, benefit, and tax compliance.
- Assists with year-end financial statement preparation and additional projects as requested by the Assistant Controller.
|Be available to supervisor for additional assignments, as required, including assisting with the Campaign.|
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- BS in Accounting; at least 7 years experience in Accounting and/or CPA preferred with at least 3 years experience in a supervisory position.
- Experience with MIP, and Donor Management System a plus
- Advance level of Excel and experience with automated accounting applications are required.
- Must be well organized and detail oriented.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills required