POSITION: General Ledger Accountant
SALARY: $50,847 to $66,541
Reporting to the Accounting Supervisor, the General Ledger Accountant is responsible for the maintenance and reconciliation of the general ledger, account analyses, and cash reconciliations related to non-contribution revenue. Serves as backup to the donor management system data entry and the accounts payable functions.
- Review, maintain and reconcile related accounts in the general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Assist with preparation of the month end and year end journal entries.
- Maintain Agency Billing AR module within the Accounting Software, Abila, by adding new customers, billing codes, updating reports, etc. as needed.
- Process timely monthly Agency billing in MIP, apply cash receipts, track and follow up on non-contribution accounts receivables past due accounts. Follow up on agencies inquiries related to additional back up, etc.
- Prepare the AMEX allocation entry and reconciliation on a monthly basis and serve as back-up for the corporate AMEX charge function.
- Prepare entry for employee expense allocations (BER’s) on semi-monthly basis.
- Maintain stock donation tracking schedule and communicate with AR and Donor Relations team to ensure complete schedule.
- Assist with the audit and tax schedules as may be needed on areas directly managed.
- Perform additional tasks and projects as assigned by Management
Be available to supervisor for additional assignments, as required, including assisting with the Campaign.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- Bachelor’s degree plus minimum 2 year experience working in an accounting department or equivalent experience.
- Prior general ledger and account reconciliation experience preferred.
- Must be well organized and detail oriented.
- Understanding of accounting concepts and Balance sheet.
- Knowledge of Excel and Word required; experience with MIP and Blackbaud a plus.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills required.
- A hybrid work model will be implemented for certain positions during transition back to worksite(s). This position must report to worksite on non-remote workdays, as determined by the Federation. Once the transition is complete, this position will be expected to perform work on site.
- All staff and building occupants must be fully vaccinated and proof of vaccination status will be required. Please disclose if accommodation to the Federation’s vaccination policy is sought for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the Subject line.