POSITION: Graphic Arts Director
DEPARTMENT: Creative Services
Now is the time to put your skills to work for the Heartbeat of Jewish L.A. Use your talented brain to bring our community together, make sure those who need help get it, and raise the cool factor of being Jewish. If you have made a career making commercials for cars or content for kicks, or if you have made a name for yourself designing incredible social media posts for things that didn’t feel as fulfilling as it could have, then this job may be what you’re looking for. What will you be doing? Transforming the help we provide Jews into emotional stories that make people swell with pride, crafting invitations to our powerful events, and bringing together everything this Federation does for our community (A LOT) into memorable designs, ads, and digital content. Let’s go! Bring your voice. Bring your vision. Bring your passion. Our community will be forever grateful.
Reporting to the Chief Creative Officer, the Graphic Arts Director is responsible for the strategy, production and execution of design and creation of imagery, both print and digital. The Graphic Arts Director will conceptualize, collaborate, create, and refine creative materials for use in print, web, video and digital media.
- Collaborate with Creative Services team and internal stakeholders to strategize and execute on all creative campaigns
- Create graphics for print and digital including invitations, marketing emails, digital ads, brochures, Facebook/Instagram posts & stories, website updates, logos, indoor and outdoor signage, promotional materials, event videos and other marketing materials
- Supervise illustrators and photographers when necessary
Be available to supervisor for additional assignments, as needed, including assisting with the Campaign.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- Basic digital video editing skills a plus (ability to cut, splice segments, add Images to the start of videos).
- Experience working at a non-profit a plus.
- Previous experience in working with collaborative project management software a plus.
- Familiarity in working with Sharepoint & Microsoft Teams a plus.
- Minimum 7 years' experience in graphic design, art direction and production, with 2-3 year's supervisory experience.
- High degree of creativity; organizational skills required to thrive in fast-paced production setting.
- Ad agency experience a plus.
- Must have a digital portfolio that represents the type of work described in this job description
- A hybrid work model will be implemented for certain positions during transition back to worksite(s). This position must report to worksite on non-remote workdays, as determined by the Federation. Once the transition is complete, this position will be expected to perform work on site.
- All staff and building occupants must be fully vaccinated and proof of vaccination status will be required. Please disclose if accommodation to the Federation’s vaccination policy is sought for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the Subject line.