POSITION: Accounting Coordinator
SALARY: $43,657 to $55,186
Reporting to the Sr. Accountant, the Accounting Coordinator is responsible for maintaining daily logs for credit card payment processing, balancing the various systems involved in the process and prompt and accurate processing of credit card payments; data entry related to accounting systems and other related duties as required.
- Process credit card payments in an accurate and timely manner, including setting up and monitoring payment schedules.
- Filing of batches, reports, etc. as necessary. In conjunction with the Cash Receipts Supervisor, ensure all batches are scanned correctly by the company’s third-party service provider.
- Investigate discrepancies with the bank, Donor Services, and the donors and issue refunds and process adjustments as necessary.
- Perform the daily balancing of processed credit cards including generating credit card reports as needed.
- Backup to the Cash Receipts Supervisor and Jr. Staff Accountant.
- Participate in the cross-training program in Operations and assist other areas as required.
- Assist with the implementation of any additional features in DMS (Donor Management System).
Assist in keying data to assure workload is maintained current and deadlines are met; participate in ad hoc projects as needed. Be available to supervisor for additional assignments, as required, including assisting with the Campaign.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school.
- Strong background in Accounting and Data Processing fundamentals.
- Hands-on experience with high volume automated Accounting Systems, including Data Entry.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Well organized and able to work under deadline pressure on multiple projects.
- Appropriate education and related experience strongly desired.
- A hybrid work model will be implemented for certain positions during transition back to worksite(s). This position must report to worksite on non-remote workdays, as determined by the Federation. Once the transition is complete, this position will be expected to perform work on site.
- All staff and building occupants must be fully vaccinated and proof of vaccination status will be required. Please disclose if accommodation to the Federation’s vaccination policy is sought for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Transparency in Coverage Rules require certain group health plans to disclose on a public website information regarding in-network provider rates and historical out-of-network allowed amounts and billed charges for covered items and services in two separate machine-readable files (MRFs). The MRFs for the benefit package options under Jewish Federation Council of Greater Los Angeles Welfare Benefits Plan No. 504 are linked here.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the Subject line.