POSITION: Community Connector, PJ Library
DEPARTMENT: Birth Through High School
FULL-TIME/PART-TIME: Part-Time (18 Hours/Week)
TIME-LIMITED: December 31, 2022. Extension is subject to renewed funding
Reporting to the Community Connector Manager, each of the Community Connectors will build authentic relationships, create new, barrier-free Jewish experiences, expand communities, and impart relevant Jewish content to Jewish families with children ages one to three years old. The Community Connectors will develop and implement small-scale outreach and engagement programming, connecting families to one another and the Jewish community of Greater Los Angeles. This programming will begin at the very earliest stages of a child’s life in public, secular spaces, and will maximize social connections over time among these families.
The ideal candidates will be a friendly, passionate, committed influencer. The Connectors are individuals who have an excitement toward bringing people together, an interest in Jewish learning and growth, and have a craving for community and connection.
- Participate in weekly training/team-building meetings to learn and share best practices for outreach and engagement to interfaith, unconnected and under-connected families, as well as skill building to hold meaningful one-on-one conversations and facilitate connections
- Identify and meet informally with an average of three new parents weekly in target community to find out interests, share program information
- Build a network of families raising Jewish children who receive PJ Library books through authentic, peer-to-peer relationships
- Create, manage and maintain a database of participants/interactions
- Manage logistics, marketing, and development of intimate, small-scale engagement opportunities at family-friendly destinations, as well as home-based programming, around Greater Los Angeles, Programming may include, but is not limited to:
- Promote and attend PJ Library in Los Angeles programs, and final LA jBabies playgroup sessions.
- Contribute content to social media about PJ Library in Los Angeles and participate in online conversations with topics of interest to new parents
- Monitor social media sites to learn what is already being offered for new parents with young children locally and share with team on conference calls and/or at training sessions
- Visit several new parent offerings in your neighborhood, both within and outside of the Jewish community, and share with PJ Library team
- No regularly set schedule.
- Flexible work hours including nights and weekends.
- No assigned work site.
- Position requires traveling reasonable distances in personal vehicle to work locations on a day to day basis.
- Residing within geographic area of position preferred.
- This position may report to 6505 Wilshire worksite on an as-needed basis, as determined by the Federation.
All staff and building occupants must be fully vaccinated and proof of vaccination status will be required. Please disclose if accommodation to the Federation’s vaccination policy is sought for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
Be available to supervisor, VP of ECE and Sr. VP Jewish Education & Engagement for additional duties and assignments, as required, including assisting with the Campaign.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- BA degree preferred. 2-3 years of relevant experience in outreach/community organizing
- Consistent ability to reach out, schedule, organize and maintain notes on every experience
- Savvy social media networking skills and proficiency in mobile technology
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite: Excel, Word, Outlook and Powerpoint
- Experience working with donor database or related database systems
- Energetic, amicable and flexible, self-motivated and highly organized
- Excellent administrative, written and oral communication skills, and engaging interpersonal skills and telephone manner.
- Impeccable organization and follow-through, with ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to multi-task and trouble-shoot, able to work both independently and within a team
- Strong attention to detail is a priority
- Knowledge of Judaism and the Los Angeles Jewish Community a plus
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Transparency in Coverage Rules require certain group health plans to disclose on a public website information regarding in-network provider rates and historical out-of-network allowed amounts and billed charges for covered items and services in two separate machine-readable files (MRFs). The MRFs for the benefit package options under Jewish Federation Council of Greater Los Angeles Welfare Benefits Plan No. 504 are linked here.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the Subject line.