|Reporting to the VP, Finance, lead and organize the activities of the Accounting Department, all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, financial, benefits, and audit and reporting, tax filings for the Federation, risk management, financial systems and internal control policies and procedures.|
- Manage all accounting operations including Revenue Recognition, Agency Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Payroll function
- Oversee monthly accounting close process – ensure timely preparation of account reconciliations, journal entries, and reclasses
- Ensure that accounting books and records are accurate, kept in accordance with GAAP and that proper financial controls are in place at all times
- Work with VP, Finance to develop best practices and policies to ensure accounting records are complete, accurate, authorized and that assets are secure (restricted access).
- Establishes adequate processes to help facilitate timely flow of the information needed to close.
- Improve documentation and internal controls (A/P, A/R, expenses).
- Leads implementation of automation of processes and software as directed by the Department Head.
- Prepare and publish timely monthly and yearly financial statements/reports and provide detailed supporting analysis including but not limited to Reconciling GAAP vs. Cash financials.
- Preparation of audited financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles - including all statements and required note disclosures.
- Assist with DB & DC Pension Audits including preparation of supporting schedules as needed.
- Work with independent tax specialists to provide all required schedules for reporting on Form 990 for Federation, and review Form 5500(s) for Federation Sponsored Benefit Plans.
- Responsible for all legal and regulatory reporting (including but not limited to property tax filing, unclaimed property – escheat filing, welfare exemptions, etc.).
- Oversee timely cash inflows and outflows related to DB/DC plans, reconciliations, and suggest cash funding.
- Reconciliation of TR accounts; work with department representatives to discuss transfers releases; suggest due to/from transfers between various TR accounts and Operating account.
- Understand Pension, Stock transfer, Bonds, Bequest processes and compliance.
- Build relationships internally and externally.
- Understand purpose and goals of Federation initiatives in the Program and FRD areas.
Be available to supervisor for additional assignments, as required, including assisting with the Campaign
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- BA with CPA designation required; 10+ years prior financial experience with 5 years in senior financial management.
- Not-for-profit or social agency experience is preferred.
- Must be able to work independently, lead the team of accounting staff.
- Strong knowledge and experience with various accounting systems (MIP or other non-profit package is preferred);
- Advance level of Excel and experience with automated accounting applications are required.
- Excellent analytical and people skills required;
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral; appropriate education and related experience strongly desired