POSITION: Development Associate (Professional Networks)
SALARY: $52,751 to $93,933
|Position||Development Associate *|
|or||Intermediate Development Associate|
|or||Junior Development Associate|
|Salary||$69,786 to $93,933||Campaign Associate Range||Grade EF-3|
|$57,424 to $72,877||Intermediate Campaign Range||Grade EF-2|
|$52,751 to $64,843||Junior Campaign Range||Grade EF-1|
|Summary Description of Position|
|Works under the direction of the Senior Vice President: Development to assist in the annual campaign fundraising activities. Is responsible for assigned lay/donor aspects of professional network or donor society activity, committee stewardship, events and programs, and does other related work as required.|
- Assist in the formulation of plans and organization of assigned professional networks and/or donor societies groups for the Development Dept.
- Create, organize and implement leadership development strategies and tactics for assigned professional networks and/or donor societies.
- Recruit, organize and train volunteer workers.
- Assure adherence to Campaign time schedules.
- Help build welcoming communities for assigned professional networks and/or donor societies group.
- Direct and maintain files of prospects.
- Based on established guidelines, utilize donor management system (DMS) software to document and maintain files of donor/prospect and substantive ongoing “moves” contacts.
- Meet with individuals and committees on event program and seating.
- Coordinate personalized pledge cards and notes, select and train table captains and additional event related tasks
- Responsible for event/sponsor recruitment and follow up, identifying donor homes, selecting speakers and Federation education.
- Prepare necessary reports.
- May staff leadership development groups, committees in conjunction with senior staff.
- Special events or other activities and functions as assigned.
Be available to supervisor(s) for additional assignments, as required, including assisting with the Development Department.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- BA required, advanced or business degree preferred.
- Prior experience in fundraising, sales and/or related activity with a local or national organization.
- Ability to work collaboratively and diplomatically is essential.
- Project management and event production skills needed.
- Detail oriented, highly organized with excellent follow through is a requirement.
- Experience with MS Office applications and facility with database/Constituent Management Systems.
- Knowledge of Judaism and appreciation for an increasingly diverse Los Angeles Jewish community, with strong verbal, writing and organizational skills highly desirable.
- A hybrid work model will be implemented for certain positions during transition back to worksite(s). This position must report to worksite on non-remote workdays, as determined by the Federation. Once the transition is complete, this position will be expected to perform work on site.
- All staff and building occupants must be fully vaccinated and proof of vaccination status will be required. Please disclose if accommodation to the Federation’s vaccination policy is sought for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Transparency in Coverage Rules require certain group health plans to disclose on a public website information regarding in-network provider rates and historical out-of-network allowed amounts and billed charges for covered items and services in two separate machine-readable files (MRFs). The MRFs for the benefit package options under Jewish Federation Council of Greater Los Angeles Welfare Benefits Plan No. 504 are linked here.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the Subject line.