POSITION: Director of Fiscal Operations
Reporting to the Chief Operating & Financial Offer, the Director of Fiscal Operations assists in preparing, assembling and analyzing budget materials for allocation process and Program departments, and supports fiscal operations and LA City high rise building and ADA compliance in Facilities. Supports fiscal operations in other departments as assigned.
- Leads Program Teams thru annual budget preparations and presentations.
- Prepare Program departmental budgets and annual investment plan;
- Responsible for preparation and coordination of audit of grant-funded programs.
- Interface with senior campaign professionals to prepare donor reports and financial reports.
- Responsible for preparing the financial portion of all grants in coordination with the Asst Director of Planning & Partnerships
- Responsible for preparing and managing the contract process for Program teams, ensuring complete and timely contract submissions and payments.
- Prepare documents for risk management and F&A committee meetings.
- Prepare and maintain building tenant leases and addendums and liaise with the Accounting Department on rent roll.
- Develop, interpret and monitor the Facilities annual budget and preparation of same.
- Assist with the review and analysis of Facilities contracts, leases, vendor agreements and other special projects in Facilities.
- Liaise with Program Management staff and Facilities/Administration staff on fiscal and operational scope of duties.
- Track expenditures against available budget.
- Prepare internal financial reports as directed.
- Support the Chief Operating & Financial Officer on special projects.
Be available to supervisor for additional assignments, as required, including assisting with the Campaign
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 3-5 years of administrative experience with emphasis on the analysis of budgetary and fiscal problems and procedures.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with excellent communication skills.
- Advanced accounting experience a plus; exceptional excel skills and business systems experience required.
- A hybrid work model will be implemented for certain positions during transition back to worksite(s). This position must report to worksite on non-remote workdays, as determined by the Federation. Once the transition is complete, this position will be expected to perform work on site.
- All staff and building occupants must be fully vaccinated and proof of vaccination status will be required. Please disclose if accommodation to the Federation’s vaccination policy is sought for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the Subject line.