POSITION: Donor Relations Associate
DEPARTMENT: Donor Relations
SALARY: $69,786 to $93,933
Works under the direction of the Executive Vice President: Donor Relations to assist in the Federation’s fundraising activities and does other related work as required.
- Actively and confidently manage a portfolio of donors primarily through field-based face to face donor contact, securing meetings and soliciting gifts.
- Assist in the formulation of plans and organization of assigned portfolio for the Campaign.
- Develop, cultivate and manage donors.
- Create, organize and implement fundraising and leadership development strategies and tactics for assigned portfolio.
- Based on established guidelines, utilize fundraising software to document and maintain files of donor/prospect and substantive ongoing “moves” contacts.
- Assure adherence to Campaign time schedules.
- Direct and maintain files of prospects.
- Meet with individuals and organizations to gain support for the Campaign.
- Prepare necessary reports.
- Carry out various functions otherwise assigned.
- May attend committees as required in partnership with Donor Experience team member.
- Special events or other activities as assigned.
Be available to supervisor(s) for additional assignments, as required, including assisting with the Campaign.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- BA required, advanced or business degree preferred.
- Must have 3 or more years of full-time fundraising experience with local or national organization involved in community fundraising or must have 5 or more years’ experience in work related thereto.
- Must be goal oriented, great with people, a good speaker and able to deliver high level information about the Federation and our programs.
- Able to travel to frequent donor meetings outside the office.
- Experience with constituent management or sales database systems. MS Office proficiency.
- Knowledge of Judaism and the Jewish community strongly desired.
- A hybrid work model will be implemented for certain positions during transition back to worksite(s). This position must report to worksite on non-remote workdays, as determined by the Federation. Once the transition is complete, this position will be expected to perform work on site.
- All staff and building occupants must be fully vaccinated and proof of vaccination status will be required. Please disclose if accommodation to the Federation’s vaccination policy is sought for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the Subject line.