POSITION: Executive Assistant to the President & CEO
Reporting directly to the Chief of Staff, the Executive Assistant to the President & CEO manages the fast-paced office of the CEO, including scheduling, meeting logistics and liaising with the Executive Management team in conjunction with the Chief of Staff.
- Maintain President’s heavy calendar, integrating Federation and personal appointments. Plan and coordinate meetings.
- Support Chief of Staff in Executive Office initiatives.
- Handle President’s and Chief of Staff’s travel arrangements and expense reimbursements.
- In coordination with Chief of Staff, manage President’s internal and external correspondence.
- Interact on a daily basis with a variety of staff, lay leaders, high-level donors, executives and Federation partners, maintaining confidentiality of President at all times.
- Handle all logistics for meetings of the Board of Directors and Executive Committee, including creating meeting materials, sending reminders, tracking attendance, supporting staff preparation, and taking and filing minutes.
- Maintain all Board data in DRIVE, the Federation’s Donor Management system, particularly as it relates to attendance, committee involvement and financial giving to ensure adherence to governance principles outlined in the organization’s bylaws.
- Schedule and program weekly Executive Management meetings to increase communication among the Federation’s leadership.
- Assist Chief of Staff with staff retreats for Executive Management Team.
- Respond to the President’s incoming telephone calls, perform necessary follow up and communicate with Federation management on sensitive and/or confidential issues received by the President’s office.
- As needed, plan ad hoc events such as lay leader breakfasts for visiting leaders and/or Federation partners.
- Prepare and follow up on check requests and payments to vendors.
Be available to supervisor for additional assignments, as required, including assisting with the Campaign.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years high-level administrative experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and human-relations skills required.
- Knowledge and appreciation for an increasingly diverse Los Angeles Jewish community preferred.
- Well-versed with appropriate computer and database software and office systems.
- Self-starter who is motivated, assertive, reliable, and can work in a fast-paced environment.
- Good judgment and tact are a must.
- A hybrid work model will be implemented for certain positions during transition back to worksite(s). This position must report to worksite on non-remote workdays, as determined by the Federation. Some evening hours may be required.
- All staff and building occupants must be fully vaccinated and proof of vaccination status will be required. Please disclose if accommodation to the Federation’s vaccination policy is sought for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Transparency in Coverage Rules require certain group health plans to disclose on a public website information regarding in-network provider rates and historical out-of-network allowed amounts and billed charges for covered items and services in two separate machine-readable files (MRFs). The MRFs for the benefit package options under Jewish Federation Council of Greater Los Angeles Welfare Benefits Plan No. 504 are linked here.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the Subject line.