POSITION: Junior Staff Accountant
SALARY: Classification Range: $43,252 to $63,611
|Summary Description of Position:|
|Reporting to the Accounting Supervisor, the Jr. Staff Accountant is responsible for handling all auditing and data entry related to Accounts Payable, including providing support in the preparation of vendor analyses, reconciliation of all related accounts to the general ledger, and generation of related reports. Serves as backup to donor management system data entry and the Jr. G/L Accountant functions.|
- Audit check requests for approvals, accuracy, back-up, and coding in accordance with Company policies and procedures, and input accounts payable data into MIP accounting systems.
- Responsible for preparation, timely mailing, and distribution of vendor checks under supervision of Sr. G/L Accountant.
- Maintain accurate and complete vendor files and update vendor information in MIP as needed.
- Handle telephone inquiries from vendors and staff, and research invoices and payments made when required.
- Prepare A/P related journal entries, account analyses and reconciliations, including audit and tax related schedules.
- Process, distribute, and file 1099 forms at year-end.
- Work on additional projects as assigned by accounting management.
|Be available to supervisor for additional assignments, as required, including assisting with the Campaign.|
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- Associate degree; minimum of 1 years’ experience in accounts payable, or equivalent advanced education.
- Prior general ledger and account reconciliation experience preferred.
- Must be well organized and detail oriented.
- Good communication and strong interpersonal skills required.
- Working knowledge of appropriate software programs and office systems required (i.e., Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Experience with MIP a plus.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Transparency in Coverage Rules require certain group health plans to disclose on a public website information regarding in-network provider rates and historical out-of-network allowed amounts and billed charges for covered items and services in two separate machine-readable files (MRFs). The MRFs for the benefit package options under Jewish Federation Council of Greater Los Angeles Welfare Benefits Plan No. 504 are linked here.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the Subject line.