POSITION: LA jBabies Community Connector
DEPARTMENT: Birth Through High School
FULL-TIME/PART-TIME: Part-Time (18 Hours/Week)
TIME-LIMITED: December 31, 2022. Extension is subject to renewed funding
Multiple positions available.
The LA jBabies Community Connector will create micro-communities for expectant Jewish families and families with newborns ages birth-9 months by building authentic relationships and providing high-quality, relevant programs that meet the unique needs of individuals and couples at this nascent stage of the parenting journey. Reporting to the Community Connector Manager, the LA jBabies Connector will introduce new families to the value of Jewish literacy while also providing easy to access to meaningful Jewish moments. The Connector will lead interactive, educational, and fun programs for newly formed groups, intentionally creating connections and planting the seeds of friendships to nourish the participants as they navigate new parenthood. The nature of the interactions, whether virtual, in-person, or hybrid will be determined by the status of COVID-19 protocols.
The ideal candidate is:
- A friendly, committed, compassionate influencer focused on the growth, well-being, and belonging of others
- Self-motivated and open to new ideas
- A trusted relationship builder with a deep sense of curiosity
- Someone with an excitement toward bringing people together, an interest in Jewish learning and growth, and a craving for community and connection
- An excellent communicator and listener
- Passionate about Jewish life and excited to infuse Jewish themes into programs
- Interested in facilitating and participating in new opportunities for peers to meet each other
- Familiar with online communication outlets for pre-natal and post-partum parents in their community
- Able to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Knowledgeable about the local community’s parent resources, both within and outside of the Jewish community. Knows where new parents can be found in their neighborhood on a given day of the week
- Identify and meet informally (including virtual, in-person, and hybrid) with new parents to find out interests and share program information
- Conceive of, recommend, market, and deliver supportive baby groups and creative programming (including virtual, in-person, and hybrid) for families with babies born within the same four-month period and identify resources necessary to implement
- Create, manage, and maintain a database of participants/interactions
- Collaborate with team members, lay leaders, and others as needed
- Participate in strategic planning, grant writing, marketing, funder reporting as needed
- Drive projects efficiently through creation of timelines and desired metrics and outcomes for engagement efforts.
- Monitor expenses for program initiatives
- Utilize a data-management system to track relationships, event participation, and leverage data to evaluate impact
- Contribute content to social media about LA jBabies and participate in online conversations with topics of interest to new parents
- Monitor social-media sites to learn what is already being offered for new parents with young children locally and share with team
- Visit several new-parent offerings in your neighborhood, both within and outside of the Jewish community, and share with Early Childhood Engagement team
- Participate in weekly training/team-building meetings
- No regularly set schedule.
- Flexible work hours including nights and weekends.
- Remote work site.
- Position requires traveling reasonable distances in personal vehicle to work locations on a day to day basis; business miles reimbursed.
- Residing within geographic area of position preferred.
- This position may report to 6505 Wilshire worksite on an as-needed basis, as determined by the Federation.
All staff and building occupants must be fully vaccinated and proof of vaccination status will be required. Please disclose if accommodation to the Federation’s vaccination policy is sought for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
Be available to supervisor, VP Early Childhood Engagement, and Sr. VP Jewish Education & Engagement for additional duties and assignments, as required, including assisting with the Campaign.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- BA degree preferred. 2-3 years of relevant experience in outreach/community organizing
- Consistent ability to reach out, schedule, organize, and maintain notes on every experience
- Savvy social-media networking skills and proficiency in mobile technology
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite: Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience working with donor database or related database systems.
- A model of a “can-do attitude”—good sense of humor, patience, and a commitment to creating an equitable, just, welcoming, and safe learning environment
- Experience in community-organizing techniques and relational engagement methodology, including an understanding of grassroots movements and online community-building
- Experience with Zoom and other online platforms
- Impeccable organization and follow-through, with ability to prioritize workload
- Excellent administrative, written, and oral communication skills, engaging interpersonal skills and telephone manner
- Energetic, amicable, flexible, self-motivated, and highly organized
- Ability to multi-task and trouble-shoot able to work both independently and within a team
- Strong attention to detail is a priority
- Knowledge of Judaism and the Los Angeles Jewish Community a plus
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Transparency in Coverage Rules require certain group health plans to disclose on a public website information regarding in-network provider rates and historical out-of-network allowed amounts and billed charges for covered items and services in two separate machine-readable files (MRFs). The MRFs for the benefit package options under Jewish Federation Council of Greater Los Angeles Welfare Benefits Plan No. 504 are linked here.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the Subject line.