POSITION: Program Assistant, Strategic Initiatives
DEPARTMENT: Program Management & Support
SALARY: $43,252 to $63,311
Reporting to the VP: Planning and Research, the Program Assistant provides administrative, secretarial and project support functions across the various Strategic Initiative program areas as administrative staffing needs and projects arise.
- Provide administrative support and general assistance as needed to various program departments as assigned by the VP: Planning & Research
- Handle job responsibilities of unfilled positions and of staff who are on vacation or leave, including maintaining various individual and department calendars on an as needed basis, processing check requests and expense reports, and other job duties related to the position for which this Program Assistant position functions as a temporary “floater.”
- Assist with the Federation’s Grants Management Software and grants processes
- Assist with maintaining donor management databases for Strategic Initiative departments
- Work with program staff to help coordinate lay committee meetings and events, including logistics, food ordering and set up
- Assist with department projects
- Must have skills and flexibility to assist various departments and work on many different projects in different departments
Be available to professional staff for additional assignments as needed. Other duties may be assigned as needed including assisting with the Campaign. Be available for events and meetings outside normal working hours.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- BA or equivalent preferred. 2-3 years of responsible administrative or related experience
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written
- Attention to detail and familiarity with Database systems
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written
- Must be able to work well in a very busy fast paced environment, be adaptable, and able to shift priorities
- Knowledge of Jewish life and the Los Angeles Jewish Community a plus
- A hybrid work model will be implemented for certain positions during transition back to worksite(s). This position must report to worksite on non-remote workdays, as determined by the Federation. Once the transition is complete, this position will be expected to perform work on site
- All staff and building occupants must be fully vaccinated and proof of vaccination status will be required. Please disclose if accommodation to the Federation’s vaccination policy is sought for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Transparency in Coverage Rules require certain group health plans to disclose on a public website information regarding in-network provider rates and historical out-of-network allowed amounts and billed charges for covered items and services in two separate machine-readable files (MRFs). The MRFs for the benefit package options under Jewish Federation Council of Greater Los Angeles Welfare Benefits Plan No. 504 are linked here.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the Subject line.