POSITION: Program Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Community Engagement
SALARY: $43,252 to $63,611
Reporting to the VP: Community Engagement Programs,this position serves as Program Assistant for the community engagement’s range of programming, providing administrative and program support primarily for civic engagement programs, community service, civic partnerships and leadership programs.
- Provide support to program staff in all aspects of program operation.
- Support Community Service programs by coordinating volunteers and outreach.
- Manage the Community Engagement database, providing assistance with tracking program budgets.
- Work with program staff to manage and coordinate event details for both in-person and zoom programs.
- Assist Program staff in program communications including creating written program materials, social media, email marketing and web copy.
- Responsible for maintaining Community Engagement files, supplies and materials.
- Develop and maintain various office, department and recordkeeping procedures.
- Update the Donor Information Management System database with committees and meeting attendance.
- Able to effectively work in team environment and follow company protocols for accounting and office procedures.
Be available to supervisor for additional assignments, as required, including assisting with the Campaign.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- BA or equivalent preferred. 2-3 years of responsible program related experience.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Be detail oriented, proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, e-mail marketing software, Facebook, Instagram, and database programs.
- Must be able to work well in a very busy fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of Judaism, the Los Angeles Jewish Community and local civic issues is preferred.
- A hybrid work model will be implemented for certain positions during transition back to worksite(s). This position must report to worksite on non-remote workdays, as determined by the Federation. Once the transition is complete, this position will be expected to perform work on site.
- All staff and building occupants must be fully vaccinated and proof of vaccination status will be required. Please disclose if accommodation to the Federation’s vaccination policy is sought for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the Subject line.