Los Angeles, CA, November 8, 2018 — The Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles aired its 50th episode of Jay’s 4 Questions podcast featuring James Beard Award-winning Chef Michael Solomonov. This lively and dynamic conversation highlights Solomonov’s upbringing and inspirations, his restaurants Zahav, Dizengoff, and Federal Donuts, his new cookbook Israeli Soul, tattoos and tefillin, and the intersection between Judaism and food.
Jay’s 4 Questions was launched in October 2017, and highlights thought leaders and influencers from around the world. Federation President & CEO Jay Sanderson speaks with a different guest each week about personal and professional journeys, challenges and opportunities facing the Jewish community, and other topics like culture, food, sports, current events, and more. Each episode lasts 30 minutes, and is available on iTunes, Google Play, Spotify, SoundCloud, Stitcher, and the Federation website: www.JewishLA.org./podcast.
“Jay’s 4 Questions gives us an opportunity to highlight interesting, influential, and diverse thought leaders and their perspectives on our Jewish community in an authentic and provocative way. We talk about the most important issues facing our community and learn from the people on the front lines of Jewish life,” said Sanderson. He continued, “The guests provide a glimpse into their lives, and the intersection of their journeys with religion and the Jewish community.”
Each 30-minute episode is available on iTunes, Google Play, Spotify, SoundCloud, Stitcher, and the Federation website: www.JewishLA.org/podcast. Weekly episodes feature trailblazing journalists, rabbis, entrepreneurs, chefs, actors, producers, directors, and others. New episodes are released every Wednesday morning.
“We are excited to have highlighted 50 inspiring guests on our podcast! This podcast has provided an innovative platform for our Federation to discuss our work and impact, as well as topics that connect us all – business, tech, entertainment, food, sports, and more. We look forward to sharing more exciting and inspiring perspectives and stories in the future,” said Alana Weiner, Senior Vice President of Media & Strategy and Producer of Jay’s 4 Questions.
Past guests include (but are not limited):
- Eric Garcetti, Mayor of Los Angeles
- Ben Winston, Producer/Director, The Late Late Show with James Corden & Fulwell 73 Productions
- Richard Sandler, Former Chair of the Board of The Jewish Federations of North America
- Elon Gold, Comedian, Actor, Writer
- Beth Karlan, Leading Gynecologic Oncologist, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Bret Stephens, New York Times Op-Ed Columnist
- Frank Luntz, Political Consultant, Strategist, Pollster
- Aton Ben-Horin, Global VP of A&R, Warner Music Group
- Gail Simmons, Top Chef Judge, Cookbook Author
- Noa Tishby, Actress, Producer, Activist
- Bob Saget, Comedian, Actor
- Lenny Krayzelburg, Olympic Gold Medalist
- Idan Raichel, Singer, Producer, Composer
- David Wolpe, Max Webb Senior Rabbi, Sinai Temple
For more information and to send feedback, please contact Alana Weiner at AWeiner@JewishLA.org or (323) 761-8223.