There’s nothing quite like experiencing Israel firsthand. Floating in the Dead Sea. Walking through the shuk in the Old City of Jerusalem. Riding a camel through the desert. Enjoying a falafel on the beaches of Tel Aviv.
Our Federation offers several ways for young people to get the financial aid they need to help make the dream of a trip to Israel a reality. Our goal is to make it possible for the youth of our community to explore and strengthen their own Jewish identity in our homeland.
POST Partnership Israel Experience Incentive Grant
Accepted applicants will receive a $500 grant toward their Israel trips, paid directly to the trip providers on behalf of the travel participant.
Eligibility for this grant:
- Applicant’s first trip to Israel on a youth program
- Applicant lives in Greater Los Angeles area
- Applicant must be a high school student at the time of travel or a high school graduate under 18 years of age at the time of travel
- Program length is 2 weeks to 4 months
- Program cost is over $3,000.
Israel Experience Incentive Grant applications are considered on a rolling basis.
If you meet the eligibility for this grant, please APPLY ONLINE HERE.
Once you have submitted your online application, you will need to email in the following supporting documentation:
- Copy of recipient’s acceptance to the travel program or receipt from the trip provider
- Signed release form. Download Release Form
Email the supporting documentation to IsraelExperience@Jewishla.org.
*In lieu of an application fee, we encourage you to make a gift to The Jewish Federation to help make Israel experiences more accessible.
**If the applicant is a member of one of our partner synagogues, the synagogue may match the POST partnership grant with $250. Please contact your synagogue directly to inquire about this option. You may still apply for the grant without receiving matching funds.**
Israel Experience Financial Aid Scholarships
The Federation offers a need-based Israel youth travel scholarship for families seeking additional financial support. You may apply for both the incentive grant and the need-based scholarship. Applicants must meet the same eligibility requirements as for the POST Partnership Incentive Grant (see above) and show a need for additional support.
Financial Aid Application Deadline is March 30, 2018 for 2018 youth Israel travel programs.
- Fill out the application COMPLETELY (incomplete applications will not be accepted). You must be as detailed as possible in your answers. Download Financial Aid Form
- Attach a current W-2 form (if applicable) and most recent tax return.
- Letter of Application: a personal note from the applicant about why he/she wants to go on this trip OR a letter from the family explaining consideration for additional financial assistance; or a combination of both.
Please send complete application with required documentation attachments to IsraelExperience@JewishLA.org.
If you have further questions, please contact:
Check out JKidla’s website to learn more about Israel trips for teens.