We are busy planning an incredible experience for our L.A. Lions and getting really excited in the process! The information below is to help you in planning your trip. We will keep you posted with more details as they become available.
Important: The Pre-Conference activities will take place in South Beach, FL and the International Lion of Judah Conference will take place in Hollywood, FL.
If you haven’t yet registered, there’s still time.
- The closest airport to the conference is Ft. Lauderdale International Airport (FLL) (30 minutes from hotel).
- The second-closest airport to the conference is Miami International Airport (MIA) (40 minutes from hotel).
- If you plan to join us for the pre-conference activities, we recommend you fly into Miami International Airport (MIA) and out of Ft. Lauderdale International Airport for your convenience.
Suggested flights for International Lion of Judah Conference
American Airlines has the only non-stops to Miami:
January 10, 2019 — Los Angeles > Miami
American 1268 12:10pm — 8:25pm
January 11, 2019 — Los Angeles > Miami
American 1454 6:00am — 2:20pm
American 314 7:40am — 3:55pm
American 1473 9:40am — 5:52pm
January 15, 2019 — Miami > Los Angeles
American 314 5:55pm — 8:28pm
American 2289 7:45pm — 10:25pm
January 16, 2019 — Miami > Los Angeles
American 282 12:10pm — 2:45pm
These are the non-stop flights to Fort Lauderdale:
January 11, 2019 — Los Angeles > Fort Lauderdale
Hawaiian 2318 8:00am — 3:48pm
Jet Blue 700 8:00am — 3:48pm
Alaska 1334 10:10am — 5:55pm
January 15, 2019 — Fort Lauderdale > Los Angeles
Hawaiian 2319 5:00pm — 7:58pm
Jet Blue 101 5:00pm — 7:58pm
Alaska 1337 7:00pm — 9:44pm
- PRE-CONFERENCE (Jan 11-13): Loews Miami Beach Hotel | South Beach Miami
1601 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139
- CONFERENCE (Jan 13-15): The Diplomat Resort and Spa
3555 South Ocean Drive, Hollywood, FL 33019
- FRIDAY, JANUARY 11th
- Evening | Welcome Shabbat Dinner: To kick off our time together, our Los Angeles Lions will come together for a warm and welcoming Shabbat dinner at 8:00pm at Lure Fish Bar in the Loews Hotel.
- SATURDAY, JANUARY 12th
- All-Day | VIP Exclusive Insider Access to Private Art Collection Spaces: Our L.A. Lions will be granted exclusive access to four premier private collection spaces in Miami. This is an experience you will not want to miss!
- Lunch and transportation will be included.
- Evening | Havdallah on the Beach at the Loews Hotel: Dinner on your own (we will be making reservations at a number of great restaurants in the area).
- SUNDAY, JANUARY 13th
- Morning | Tour of Holocaust Memorial of Miami Beach: Connect with the work we do for Holocaust survivors and join us for a morning of reflection as we visit the moving Holocaust Memorial of Miami Beach.
- Evening | International Lion of Judah Conference: Timing TBA, but it will begin in the early evening
- SUNDAY, JANUARY 13th – TUESDAY, JANUARY 15th
- International Lion of Judah Conference: itinerary details will be sent as they become available
- Kipnis-Wilson/Friedland Award: We are thrilled to announce that Gloria Lushing will be the recipient of the 2019 Kipnis-Wilson/Friedland Award! This award is given to one woman from each community who exemplifies the spirit of the Lion of Judah. There will be a special luncheon to honor the KWF recipients on Tuesday, January 15th, at the conference.
- The conference will conclude at 3:00 PM on Tuesday.
If you have any questions, please contact Emily Rich or Rebecca Schalit-Newman at (323) 761-8275 or WomensPhilanthropy@JewishLA.org.