Israel Experience Grants
Because our ties to Israel are critical to the continuity of the Jewish people, the Federation offers several ways for young people to get the financial aid they need to help make the dream of a trip to the Jewish state a reality. Our goal is to make it possible for every LA youth participant to explore and strengthen their own Jewish identity in the state of Israel.
POST Partnership Grant:
Eligibility requirements include the following:
1. First trip to Israel on a youth program
2. Applicant lives in Greater Los Angeles area
3. Applicant must be a high school student (up until summer after graduation).
4. Program length is 2 weeks to 3 months
5. Program cost is over $3,000
Accepted applicants will receive a $500 grant towards their Israel trips, paid directly to the trip providers.
What you need to apply:
1. Copy of cover page of recipient’s application or acceptance/receipt for the trip provider
2. Release Form (Downloadable Word .doc)
If you meet the qualifications please apply here.
Applications are considered on a rolling basis.
*In lieu of an application fee, we encourage you to consider giving back to the Federation to help make Israel experiences more accessible to all people. Please click here to donate.*
**If the applicant is a member of one of our partner synagogues, there is the option for the synagogue to match the Partnership grant with $250. Please contact the synagogue directly to see if it has the funds available and inform the synagogue that you are applying for the Partnership Grant through the Federation. This is entirely optional, and you may still apply for the grant without receiving the matching funds.**
For more information, contact email@example.com or 323-761-8233.
Check out JKidLa's website for more information on Israel trips for teens: http://jkidla.org/teens/israel
Financial Aid Application:
Application deadline for Winter 2015/2016: January 5, 2016
Application deadline for Summer 2016: March 31, 2016
The Federation offers a need-based grant for families seeking additional support to make the trip to Israel a reality. In order to be eligible for financial aid, the participant must meet the same eligibility requirements as the POST Partnership Grant (see above) and be able to show a need for additional support.
1. Fill out the application COMPLETELY (incomplete applications will not be accepted). You must be as detailed as possible in your answers. Financial Aid Form (Downloadable PDF)
2. Attach a current W-2 form (if applicable) and most recent tax return.
Please send complete application with proper attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in learning more about the application process for Financial Aid please call or email us at 323-761-8233 or email@example.com.