Israel Experience Grants
Floating in the Dead Sea. Touching the ancient stone of the Western Wall. Riding a camel through the desert. Standing among the ruins of Masada.
There’s nothing quite like experiencing Israel firsthand. And since our ties to Israel are critical to the continuity of the Jewish people, our Federation offers several ways for young people to get the financial aid they need to help make the dream of a trip to the Jewish State a reality. Our goal is to make it possible for every L.A. youth participant to explore and strengthen their own Jewish identity in the state of Israel.
POST Partnership Grant:
Eligibility requirements include the following:
- First trip to Israel on a youth program
- Applicant lives in Greater Los Angeles area
- Applicant must be a high school student at the time of travel or a high school graduate under 18 years of age at the time of travel
- Program length is 2 weeks to 4 months
- Program cost is over $3,000
If you meet the qualifications, please apply here. Be sure to send in your Release Form (see below) to complete your application package
Preparing to Apply:
- Copy of applicant’s acceptance/receipt from the trip provider, to be attached to the online application.
- The Release Form (please print out, sign and return to Israel Experience at IsraelExperience@JewishLA.org to complete your application.
Completed applications are considered on a rolling basis.
Accepted applicants will receive a $500 grant toward their Israel trips, paid directly to the trip providers.
*In lieu of an application fee, we encourage you to consider giving back to the Federation to help make Israel experiences more accessible to all people. Please click here to donate.*
**If the applicant is a member of one of our partner synagogues, there is the option for the synagogue to match the Partnership grant with $250. Please contact the synagogue directly to see if it has the funds available and inform the synagogue that you are applying for the Partnership Grant through the Federation. This is entirely optional, and you may still apply for the grant without receiving the matching funds.**
For more information, contact email@example.com or 323-761-8233.
Check out JKidLa's website for more information on Israel trips for teens: http://jkidla.org/teens/israel
Financial Aid Application:
Application deadline for Winter 2016/2017: January 6, 2017
Application deadline for Summer 2017: March 31, 2017
The Federation offers a need-based grant for families seeking additional support to make the trip to Israel a reality. In order to be eligible for financial aid, the participant must meet the same eligibility requirements as the POST Partnership Grant (see above) and be able to show a need for additional support.
- Financial Aid Form. Fill out this form COMPLETELY (incomplete applications will not be accepted). You must be as detailed as possible in your answers.
- Attach most recent tax return and current W-2 form (if applicable).
- Letter of Application: A personal note from the applicant about why he/she wants to go on this trip OR a letter from the family explaining consideration for additional financial assistance; or a combination of both.
Please send complete application with proper attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in learning more about the application process for Financial Aid please call or email us at 323-761-8233 or email@example.com.