A Community of Support for Families Raising Children with Special Needs
The Federation’s HaMercaz program offers ongoing assistance, advocacy, and support for Jewish families and children with special needs and developmental disabilities such as autism spectrum disorder, Asperger syndrome, and cerebral palsy, from birth to age 22. HaMercaz means "the center" in Hebrew.
866-287-8030 or email@example.com
- A network of community agencies and organizations that work together to address your family’s needs
- Social programs including play days and outings, sibling programs, multi-generational events, and Jewish holiday celebrations
- Support groups and counseling
- Parent and professional workshops
- Connections to Jewish community programs including those at synagogues, Jewish schools, and camps
- About HaMercaz Services – Flyer
- HaMercaz at Noah's Ark at the Skirball on Sunday, November 1
- Ruderman Family Foundation Supports Best Buddies Los Angeles Jobs program - Learn about how Best Buddies Jobs provides opportunities for young Jewish adults to enter the workforce, and how you can help.
- Early Childhood Special Needs Symposium 2015-2016
Please join us for a series of lectures designed for early childhood teachers, directors, specialists, parents and other ECE professionals. Topics include: speech and language development, sensory processing disorder, managing autism spectrum disorders in the ECE classroom, and much more!
Mission to Israel
The Special Needs Study Mission was truly an extraordinary week with a high level of emotional intensity and bonding. As a group of 36 participants, we visited almost every corner of Israel looking at innovative programs and services and we were caught up in the passion and commitment for people with developmental disabilities shown by the staff and parents who we met along the way.
Read the Mission Travel Blog here
See the photo slidehsow and read the follow up blog here
Jewish Family Service is the lead clinical partner for HaMercaz. The collaborative includes: Bet Tzedek, BJE: Builders of Jewish Education, Camp Ramah in California, ETTA, Far West USY Hevrah, Jewish Big Brothers Big Sisters of Los Angeles, Jewish Free Loan Association, Jewish Vocational Service, The Friendship Circle - Los Angeles, The Friendship Circle - Conejo Valley, The Miracle Project, OurSpace, Shalom Institute, Vista Del Mar Child and Family Services, Yachad LA, and Zimmer Children’s Museum.