Our Commitment to Jews with Special Needs from Birth through Adulthood
The issues facing children and adults living with developmental disabilities are broad and distinct. The Jewish Federation’s Los Angeles Jewish Abilities Center (LAJAC) provides them and their families with access to the resources and tools they need to live meaningful, purposeful, and Jewish lives.
LAJAC is a resource for services in the Los Angeles Jewish and general communities, while also promoting client self-advocacy and independence through:
- Case management, in partnership with Jewish Family Service Special Needs Programs and ETTA, which provides guidance to assess, plan, and coordinate options for housing, employment, education, and life skills.
- LAJAC workshops to educate self-advocates, families, and professionals so that they may navigate benefits and services.
- Social and recreational opportunities for individuals and families to engage in meaningful programming in a Jewish environment, while promoting, physical, social and emotional health.
- Inclusive and welcoming programming.
- Collaboration between program partners to meet community needs.
Are you in need of assistance? An LAJAC case manager is a professional who helps coordinate services of care on behalf of an individual in need.
To contact an LAJAC case manager, please complete the intake form below. An intake specialist from one of our partner organizations Jewish Family Service or ETTA will contact you shortly to help assess, plan, and coordinate options and services to achieve optimum outcomes.