Applications for the 2020-2021 program are now closed.
Mentors who wish to participate are welcome to contact us.
Imagine you have an opportunity to do something innovative and exciting…
- What would you do? Where would you start?
- How might you make a difference on an issue you are passionate about?
- How might you impact a community you care about?
Now, as COVID-19 has changed the world around us, we need YOU to change our world for the better! Our Federation’s Los Angeles Jewish Teen Initiative values how a teen’s passion, talent, and creativity can help shape a community. The Julie Beren Platt Teen Innovation Grants Program allows for all of this and more by encouraging you to take a risk, experiment, and explore something you care about.
WHAT A JULIE BEREN PLATT TEEN INNOVATION GRANT CAN OFFER YOU
- Funds: This program offers awards up to $1,500 to empower you to play an active role in turning your idea into reality.
- Mentorship: You will be paired with a mentor who acts as a thought partner and can offer guidance as you work toward new goals.
- Support & Inspiration: You will participate in three workshops during this 6-month program. Our workshops will give you the opportunity to learn, collaborate with other innovative teens, and inspire you as you develop your project.
For information about becoming a mentor, or about the 2021-22 program, email LAJTI@JewishLA.org
If you have further questions, please contact: