Looking to make a real difference in the non-profit world? Want personal fulfillment and professional skill building at the same time? The Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles makes a tangible impact on the lives of Jews in L.A., Israel, and around the world – AND provides a fun and collaborative work environment! We’re a great group of creative minds – come work with us!
To apply for any of these positions please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the Subject line.
Director, Civic Engagement
If you read the L.A. Times every day and want to make our civic space the best it can be then you’re on the same page with The Jewish Federation. We’re looking for a professional with strategic knowledge of state and local politics who is excited to build and nurture relationships with elected officials and community leaders and their staffs, both Jewish and non-Jewish, in Greater Los Angeles and Sacramento. Through outreach in diverse communities, the right candidate will connect leaders to our Federation, creating touchpoints/engagement opportunities that enhance our profile as a good citizen. This person will also be instrumental in helping create the next generation of Jewish leaders in Los Angeles. If you have a background in government relations, leadership training, civic or public affairs, a passion for Jewish values and want to be a team player with a purpose, we want to hear from you.
The Director, Engagement and Development-Venice Beach offers the right individual an incredible opportunity: the chance to share Jewish learning and inspire philanthropy through one-on-one outreach to young Jews who work in the tech space on the edge of the Pacific Ocean. It could be a Jewish teacher or rabbi – definitely a leader who doesn’t need a classroom or a pulpit to share their passion. The perfect candidate would be a tzaddik who can surf. But we’d settle for someone who can hang out with young Jews who may be incredibly successful but are looking for more. Serious contenders will be as comfortable talking about meaning as they are about making a fundraising ask. We’re looking for a maven who lives Jewish values IRL, who is ready to create and support a whole new kind of Jewish community in the tech space. So far, there’s no app for that. But, hopefully, that’s where you come in.
The Proposal & Donor Report Manager is an opportunity for a writer who wants to make a difference by bringing Jewish values to life by using their way with words to inspire philanthropic gifts to The Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles, the organization has had a profound impact on the well-being of Jews in Los Angeles, Israel and beyond for over 100 years.
This position requires a team player who will thrive in a collaborative atmosphere, working on a variety of projects. We’re looking for a writer who has a head for details and a heart for making the world a better place. If this sounds like you, please send us a cover letter that demonstrates your command of language and your ability to inspire a reader, that would be us, to say, “yes.”
|Position:||Assistant Director, NuRoots Community Fellowship||Exempt|
|Department:||EJF / NuRoots|
|Time-Limited:||1 year fellowship with possible extension to 2nd year fellowship
||Geographic Target for Open Position: San Fernando Valley (Resident of SFV and knowledge of SFV community preferred)|
Summary Description of Position
|Reporting to the Director of the NuRoots Fellowship, the Asst. Director works with Jews in their 20s & 30s in geographically specific neighborhood to reinvent and reimagine what it means to be Jewish. As a community organizer and connector, the Assistant Director will cultivate peer connections, generate experiences of Jewish meaning & inspiration, guide them in building micro-communities, and aid them in creating connections with opportunities in the current Jewish community.|
|· Develop strategic engagement plans & organization of young adult activities & connections within the general NuRoots initiatives through four primary activities:|
|1) one-on-one conversations
2) empower intimate local gatherings,
3) support community-partner events,
4) organize diverse scales of gatherings or experiences.
|· Engage volunteers to help in planning & implementing small & large scale Jewishly-impactful experiences for young adults to experience.
· Utilize a customer relationship management system to track community member involvement and participation, relationships & event participation.
· Build a volunteer strategy to assist in outreaching to young adults within their target geographic.
· Cultivate vibrant & meaningful Jewish life in target Los Angeles neighborhood in conversation with community partners.
· Work closely with community leaders to connect the activities of NuRoots with the existing community
· Develop, cultivate & steward relationships with young adults & volunteers.
· Serve as primary team member for managing neighborhood engagement.
· Attend & staff NuRoots events &/or meetings.
· Develop, create & manage social media & website for NuRoots.
· Mobilize, organize, train & serve alongside community members to build connections with people, organizations, & community leaders to create meaningful, high-impact projects that engage young adults in diverse Jewish experiences.
|Be available to supervisor for additional assignments, as required, including assisting with the Campaign.|
|Education & Experience Required For Position|
|· Master Jewish Educator, MA, or advanced degree preferred.
· Desirable skills or experiences: experiential education, leadership &/or community organizing, knowledgeable of Jewish life &/or the Los Angeles Jewish community, Knowledgeable of current trends in arts, fashion, music, food, and other cultural avenues.
· Excellent interpersonal & communication skills. Confidence in building relationships & networks.
· Commitment to follow through, data entry & gathering metrics for evaluation. Passionate team player.
· Proficient in mobile technology, social media
· Access to and use of vehicle required for position.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the Subject line.