In the spirit of tikkun olam — healing the world — The Jewish Federation is searching for innovative ideas that will make Los Angeles a better place for us all. If yours is chosen, we’ll make it happen together! Just submit your entry in our ChangeMaker Challenge by Monday, September 16th, and we’ll take care of the hard part.
We’ll partner on projects from eligible 501(c)3 or 501(c)3-sponsored organizations in two ways:
- We’ll invest up to $5,000 each, based on allocated funds, in nonprofits that set out to make a meaningful impact in Los Angeles County. We are seeking projects focused on, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Building Bridges — supporting initiatives that focus on building bridges among disparate communities.
- Enhancing Lives — addressing the needs of local communities.
- Fostering Leadership — activating and enhancing programs that support the growth of civic leaders and civic life in L.A.
- We’ll provide 15 hours of capacity-building training to leadership from chosen organizations led by premier nonprofit coaches from our partner Executive Service Corps of Southern California.*
The ChangeMaker Challenge is our partnership investment in you! Learn more about the program and read FAQs.
Please email MYork@JewishLA.org for additional information.
*The ChangeMaker Challenge capacity-building training is valued at approximately $4,000 per organization.
The ChangeMaker Challenge is a program of The Jewish Federation’s Community Engagement Strategic Initiative, dedicated to bringing together leaders from different backgrounds and perspectives to learn and work together on important issues in Los Angeles and Israel, promoting civil discourse, and helping the Federation strengthen our community.